Friday, December 24, 2010

season of lies and excuses


So, A couple people asked me to do this, so here it is.

the holidays. christmas new years and any other ridiculous excuse you may conjure up to overeat and blame the gain on is here!

i hope you can see already where i am going with this.

let me ask you this.

what is on december 28th?

nothing.

exactly.

so, therefore, why are you/people still making excuses about their nutrition then?

in all honesty, i really don't believe in any day being a free for all. even Christmas day itself. people do have different "holiday meals" in terms of some have it for breakfast, some have turkey lunch, some have turkey supper. I haven't met someone who does all 3.

where am i going with this?

if you know that you're going to "indulge", have some "non-approved" items, do NOT let yourself be convinced that it is "okay" to do it THE WHOLE TIME aka December 1st - Jan. 2nd ish.

that is just flat out awful, and you know it. we love excuses. I heard numerous people at the gym about 2 ish weeks ago saying
"yeah, its already started with the christmas cookies, christmas parties, " etc etc etc.

give me a break.

if you actually want fitness, and its a goal (not below on the list of get super fat over the holidays) of yours, remember that.

yes, be social. yes have some egg nog. don't drink the whole carton of egg nog while eating every last shortbread/stuffing/peanut butter balls you can. that is not "enjoying the holidays" that is "self sabbotage" that will only lead you to a crappy start to your new year, and a lowered self esteem.

want to know what my plans are? tonight (christmas eve) I will be going to my girlfriends house for a family get together. i might have one or 2 snacks if it tickles me the right way.

tomorrow? the big day? I'm having turkey supper. guess waht I'm having the rest of the day? my regular prescribed meals.

....


there is the extent of my christmas indulging. I didn't plan on this being a "how to survive the holidays" guide, because in my opinion, its trash and if you want one, go pick up any fitness magazine.

suck it up, stop lying to yourself making excuses. even if you are away from home, you can still bring protein powder and lots of other snacks to get you by. not fly off the rails so hard you can't see them when you come to.

No comments:

Post a Comment