Friday, January 14, 2011

Limiting Reagent


Way back in highschool, at the beginning of my highschool chemistry obsession, We learned about limiting reagents.
what is a limiting reagent?

in a reaction, there will always be one chemical or one thing that will hold everything else back, regardless of the amount. think about having a ridiculous amount of guns, but only so much ammo (ruling out that you could throw the guns or smack someone with them). so, you're only as tough as the amount of ammo.

you're only as tough as YOUR limiting reagent.

what does that mean?

if you just "aren't hungry", that's your limiting reagent.

if you have "no time to eat", that's your limiting reagent.

you could have all your food prepared, going to the gym X times of the week, perfect technique, no stress, perfect sleep, but no matter how good those are, if your limiting reagent isn't in check, then it will fail.

I work with all of my clients to find their limiting reagent.

I'll use mine as an example

I was having a lot of issues in my personal life at one point, and it was really causing a BIG snag in my personal goals. the people close to me could see this, and would tell me so.

when this limiting reagent was gone, "awesomeness" happened. i started sleeping more, eating more (appetite was back), which in turn everything else turned on.

where I'm going with this was that eating wasn't my limiting reagent. sleeping too little wasn't my limiting reagent.

the garbage in my personal life was holding those things caged, no matter how hard i focused on them. so without me even putting any effort into these other factors, they came into place once my limiting reagent was fixed.

here are some common ones:

1)personal life issues/relationship issues
2)sleep issues (irregular patterns, shift worker, smoker, drinker)
3)partying
4)social circle (friends of not same interest, discouraging comments)
5)time
6)motivation
7)knowledge
8)drugs (prescription or non prescription, illegal)

these all can be the one thing holding you back from your goals.

once again, where am i going with this?

once you figure this out, this ONE factor, watch all your hard work come to fruition.

another reason to have a great coach/trainer (MEGA Marty plug!) is to help you figure this out if you can't on your own. I'm very fortunate to have had friends and mentors to help me be able to figure mine out.

can you figure out what yours is?

No comments:

Post a Comment