Friday, January 28, 2011

Looking good vs. looking good


So, my view is skewed, and after this yours might be too.

So, what does the average "ohhhhh you look SO good"
"You're not fat!"
You're in such good shape"

Mean?

To me, not much.

Why?

Friends are the worst judge of ourselves. Ever see the girls that hang around with others that are in "worse shape" than themselves? Exactly. To look better / boost self esteem.

Look at facebook photos.
The comments I quoted earlier, or something close will soon ensue.

My opinion due to my profession has been skewed horribly. I rip/pick people apart. He needs more pecs.
She needs a bigger but
He needs less love handles
Her triceps are too small.

Huh?

But she looks "soooooo good"

No.

If we were to take two people, put them in "covering" clothing aka nothing form fitting, and covering limbs, they could potentially look the same.

We put them in the skimpiest bikini available, those 2 could look vastly/massively different. Then, if we up the ante, let's do their body fat testing/ go up and give them a squeeze.

Harder vs softer is everything to me.

All the time my girls weigh much more than others, and then look much better than their 10-20-30 lb lighter counter parts, and they're "toned" by their standards.

Where am I going with this, as always?

Look for it. Look as someone's "defintion"
You say you want to be toned, show me. Do you? Or are you going after weight? Scale chasing? What for? Do you actually ZENJOY looking anorexic?

And if you do, let's have an in person chat.

So, before you envy that girl/guy, look at their composition.

Until next time, keep questioning the status quo.

No comments:

Post a Comment