Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Being an artist


I just recently heard that at least in Canada, tattoo artists, and every other form of artist I believe, gets a tax break, aka for the most part they don't have to pay taxes on their work.

Well, that made me laugh and I said

"well, I shouldn't have to pay taxes either"

why is that?

When someone in the fitness industry really gets a blank canvas aka. someone whom is coming in for no particular reason other than
a) wants some more "tone"
b) wants to "muscle up"
c) any one of those non-specific goals,

I get to have some real fun.

these people, regardless of how far along are they, are treated like marble slabs. obviously, some slabs are more dense/bigger/further away from finished product/easier to shape than others.

It really boils down to yes, I am an artist, especially when it comes to these clients.

the IDEAL marble slab is the figure competitor/bodybuilder, because that IS their sport, being sculpted into a masterpiece, and put on display hoping theirs (and mine) hard work pays off (not only financially, but in sheer recognition).

For example, if someone comes in to me, whom I believe is underweight, i need more marble aka. this person needs to put on muscle.

someone comes in with too much marble, we need to really chisel a lot off to get to the finish product.

it really is incredible to be able to have this ability to look and see what is needed. need more shoulders? we'll add more marble there. need less legs? we'll chisel off marble from there.

This is what keeps me going, knowing that everyone has the potential to become beautiful pieces of art.

Just how far are you willing to go to help me have the resources to do so? aka nutrition and adherence?

No comments:

Post a Comment