Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fat Burners


So, where do I start without getting into trouble on this one?
lets start here.

Before I even look into looking into fat burners (yes, that was read correctly)
the following must be in check
1. nutrition. if you jump on a fat burner without being nutritionally sound, you're not only stupid, but wasting your money and potentially heading down a very serious risky path for health.
2. training. what are you doing in the gym? cardio? weights? none? both? how?
3. previous experience. coffee drinker? red bull drinker? not?
4. sleep/adrenal support. have you been drinking stimulants at MASSIVE excess? is it keeping you up?

SO thats All I can think of for now, but I might add to that.

So, lets say you have been following a sound nutrition program for 3ish or more months, been training/preforming cardio for 3ish or more months, sleeping good, and don't smother yourself with red bull.

do I enjoy fat burners?

I sure do.

I WOULD ONLY LOOK INTO FAT BURNERS IF PROGRESS HAS HALTED.
Cardio, once everything has been put to the test, should be set to destroy.

turn up the heat, if you will.

this is when to take fat burners. before cardio, to make the cardio more effective without having to preform insane amounts.

do NOT lose your mind over ephedrine. if you are, I'm not going to say anything, I'll let my idols do the talking. read this post, paying particular attention to Chris Aceto and Lyle McDonald:

http://www.trackyourdiet.com/articles/EPHEDRA-FREE-FAT-BURNERS---EXPERTS-ROUNDTABLE-16.aspx

Okay, are you back? good!

so, are there good fat burners out there other than EC?

kinda. some WILL help, but don't expect a massive boost.

I really enjoy True Protein's BURN fat burner.

I customize fat burning supplements to the client, based upon what I have seen as their tolorance, and if they even need them.

BUT there seems to be 2 competing schools of thought.

1) FAT BURNERS WILL KILL YOU! DO NOT TAKE THEM! HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE! HEART ATTACK! HEALTH RISK!
and
2) I took one fat burner and didn't feel anything, so lets take 2342387342X the dose, and I'll lose FAT 2342387342X quicker, right?

errrrr.

the answer, as always, lies in between. want some guidlines?

-Start out very slow. underneath the recommended dose. lets say half.
-does the fat burner have a good track record? do many people use it and have success? anyone you personally know?
-get the opinion of someone you respect (preferably a very handsome Blonde Personal Trainer/Nutritionist who's name rhymes with Party)
-make sure hydration is in check (electrolytes versus water consumption)

most of the over the counter fat burners are crap. just crap. overpriced green tea that give you a "feel"

here are ones I have find to be decent:

Ripped Freak
EC stack
Burn

that's it. that sucks, doesn't it?

I hope this helped, and people don't come back saying "Mega Marty is ALLllLLLL about the fat burners"

no. I'm not.
properly used, the EC stack DESTROYS fat

2 comments:

  1. What about _just_ green tea pills? I seem to recall you said that they burn fat. I’m assuming that they don’t burn a LOT of fat. But if one were to take green tea pills for say a year straight would that cut down on a persons body fat in any significant way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do burn fat, just on a much lesser scale than "fat burners" or the EC stack.

    Yes, the fat burning would be "significant" more so from a metabolic rate elevation stand point. It will help more so for health, but will DEFINITELY keep your RMR up and happy

    ReplyDelete